MAYA Organization is looking for a part-time instructor for our prenatal and parenting series.
We bring our free classes to neighborhoods that have the highest infant mortality and morbidity rates in Allegheny county. Our mission is to provide education and promote the healing process in order to enable women and families to break the cycle of generational trauma and foster the optimal physical and mental development of their children. The ideal candidate will be able to develop trust and rapport with participating families.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Deliver course instruction for MAYA’s Core Class Series, which includes fetal development, newborn care, infant crying, infant sleep, car seat safety, feeding basics, postpartum and early parenthood, and environmental safety.
- Assess and meet individual student needs and learning goals as related to course content.
- Demonstrate proper use of communication tools/materials for effective communication and understand how the culture(s) of client populations can affect communication, collaboration and the provision of care, treatment and services.
- Demonstrate knowledge and proper skills associated with the department’s defined specific populations served.
- Use course equipment, course materials and audio/visual aids to provide optimal presentation and educational impact.
- Act as primary class administrator by collecting and submitting class data and communicating with program coordinator about scheduling.
- Be willing to work Saturdays and evenings as determined by educational team.
- Provide lactation consults and guidance as needed to clients.
- Represent MAYA at community building and outreach events.
- Perform other duties and assignments as directed.
Preferred experience: Doula or Prenatal/Parenting Class Instructor: 1 year
Salary: negotiable, depending on experience
To apply, email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org