Maya Organization will soon be offering prenatal and childbirth classes free of charge to pregnant women and their partners. We are looking for qualified instructors to work on a part-time basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Deliver course instruction for MAYA classes titled, “Your Newborn, “Sleep Like a Baby” “New Moms Group”, “Preparing for Childbirth”, “Breastfeeding Basics”, and “Newborn Care” courses.
- Act as primary class administrator by maintaining the class calendar and managing communications surrounding scheduling events.
- Willing to work Saturdays and evenings as determined by educational team.
- Provide lactation consults and guidance as needed to clients.
- Represent MAYA at community building and outreach events.
- Perform other duties and assignments as directed.
- Facilitates the delivery of current, evidenced-based content through teaching/leading in-person educational offerings..
- Adheres to established and approved course curriculums.
- Assesses and meets individual student needs and learning goals as related to course content.
- Uses course equipment, course materials and audio/visual aids to provide optimal presentation and educational impact.
- Demonstrates proper use of communication tools/materials for effective communication and understands how the culture(s) of client populations can affect communication, collaboration and the provision of care, treatment and services.
- Demonstrates knowledge and proper skills associated with the department’s defined specific populations served.
Required experience: Parenting Class Instructor: 1 year
Salary: $10 per hour
To apply email a cover letter and resumer to email@example.com