Assistant to the Director
The Assistant to the Director will work hand-in-hand with the Executive Director. Tasks are wide-spanning and require excellent attention to detail, organizational style, patience, and ability to self-teach. MAYA is growing quite quickly and this role requires comfort using technology intensively, adapting to new systems, and keeping the organization ever-organized.
The Assistant to the Director is the glue within the organization, assisting with office administration, fundraisers, and volunteers. Areas in which the Assistant to the Director will contribute include (but are not limited to): composing monthly class calendar, newsletters, brochures, and thank you notes; running payroll & benefits, filing taxes, and entering data into QuickBooks; communicating with biller and entering time for class and counseling clients; being the first point of contact for people inquiring about MAYA; writing short weekly blog posts about pregnancy, parenting and counseling and posting on our website & social media; proofreading grants and other documents; scheduling outreach and in office parenting instructors; helping design webpages; researching new opportunities; liaising with community partners; answering the phone; and running errands. Since MAYA is a fast-moving organization, the Assistant to the Director will be expected to regularly re-prioritize tasks as new opportunities arise and assistance is needed. The Assistant to the Director must be able to multi-task, anticipate the Executive Director’s needs, demonstrate initiative and problem-solve, as well as keep the organization ultra-organized.
- Hours — M-F 10 a.m.-6 p.m. (20 hours per week, start and end time of the day is flexible). Opportunity for Full-Time after probation period
- Salary — Negotiable
- Time off — extensive time off is built in (rejuvenation days, vacation, holidays)
- Location — Primarily in our Pittsburgh office (occasional opportunities to work from home); travel infrequent
- Reporting — Report regularly to the Executive Director;
- Skills — QuickBooks, G Suite (Gmail, calendar, contacts, drive); Twitter/Instagram/Facebook; Comfort working with spreadsheets; [familiarity with WordPress is a bonus (otherwise will be learned on the job)]
- Ability to work independently without micromanagement
- Experience as an assistant (recommended)
- Excellence in keeping things organized
- Deep attention to detail
- Ability to pivot from task to task throughout the day
- Passion for being the glue of the organization
- Consistently positive attitude
- Confidence as a writer (with samples)
- Background succeeding both independently & in teams
- Social Media & Digital Design familiarity/capacity
- Interest in self-learning, problem solving
Clearances Act 33/34, FBI fingerprints
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $12.02 /hour
MAYA Organization provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, MAYA Organization complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.