What are the steps to adopt a child through MAYA Organization?
Here is our organization’s basic process and a general overview of the first steps to get you started:
- Contact MAYA Organization for information about the adoption process. Please call 412-945-7670 ext 101 or email email@example.com
- Submit your application and fee
- Meet with the Director of Adoptions to discuss what adoption you would like for your family
- Work on your application and prepare your Dear Birth Mother Letter
- Prepare for your homestudy. First, start the homestudy process by having: state, local and FBI clearances, birth certificates for all members of the home, physical forms, financial documents including 1040 for the last two years, 4 letters of recommendations from people (other than relatives) who can testify to your ability to parent.
Don’t worry! This is just an overall outline and we are here to walk you through the entire adoption process.
At MAYA, we know that every adoption is special and each family is unique has different concerns and situations; so, we always tailor our services to you and your family’s needs.